Getting a job is a complicated process these days. There's the application form, the CV, the interview, and sometimes there's even an aptitude test.
APTITUDE TEST; HAVE AN APTITUDE FOR 適正検査､〜のために適性検査を受ける
- This is a test designed to examine your suitability for a particular job. To say that a person has an aptitude for a job or task means that the task will suit their talents, and that they will probably learn how to perform the job very quickly.
- 特定の仕事に向いているかどうかを試すためのテスト、つまり、適性検査のことを aptitude test といいます。仕事において aptitude （適性）がある、と言う場合、仕事上その人の才能を発揮することができるという意味です。aptitude があれば、その仕事に早く慣れることができるでしょう。
- His test scores indicate that he has a strong aptitude for sales.
- The interview was OK, but the aptitude test was very difficult.
- a: So Jim, why do you want to work here?
b: Because I think I have a strong aptitude for this kind of work.
- a: Why does you firm set an aptitude test?
b: Because we want to make sure that we recruit the best people and give them jobs that they have a strong aptitude for.
Have you ever had to take an aptitude test? What information do you think the test was trying to discover about you?