2005.06.14(Review of 2004.12.02 edition)
Hi! We all want to be thought well of - and spoken well of - by others. So here's an expression you'll be glad to hear directed at yourself!
SPEAK HIGHLY OF 〜のことを良く言う、称賛する
- To speak highly of someone or something is to say good things about them.
- speak highly of は、人や物のことを良く言う、という意味です。
- Mr. Blake speaks highly of your company. I'm looking forward to working with you.
- a: Where are you going to dinner?
b: The Bilboa Cafe. I've never been there before, but Bob spoke highly of it, and he knows a lot about food.
- a: Jim, I want you to know that I'm very happy with your work. All of our clients speak very highly of you.
b: Thanks! That's good to hear.
It's been a pleasure!