2005.08.04(Review of 2004.04.27 edition)
How many companies do you own a piece of? It's easy to forget, but if you have stock in a corporation, you too are part owner. Remember that, the next time your self-esteem is running low!
- A shareholder is someone who owns stock in a company.
- shareholder とは、ある企業の株を持っている投資家、株主のことです。
- When the stock market drops suddenly, many shareholders start to worry.
- A minor shareholder, who only owns a small amount of a company's stock, doesn't have much influence on corporate planning; major shareholders, however, are sometimes directly involved in decision-making.
- I heard that Dizzy Knee Animation held their shareholders' meeting at their theme park.
- Shareholders of this company have been paid generous dividends since the early '90s.
Have a great day!