2005.12.07(Review of 2004.02.20 edition)
We started preparing today's edition weeks ago. You see, we've been expecting you!
- To do something ahead of time is to do it before a deadline or before a planned event in the future.
- ahead of time は、締切が来る前に何かをする、今後の予定に先立って何かをする、という意味です。
- For international flights, be sure to arrive at the airport two to three hours ahead of time.
- The travel agent recommended that we make hotel reservations for the New Year's weekend at least three months ahead of time. We should have listened to her.
- (manager to employee)
I'm sorry, but I can't give you the day off tomorrow. Next time you want time off, ask me ahead of time instead of leaving it to the last minute.
- If you'd like an appointment with the vice-president, you'll need to arrange it ahead of time. His schedule is completely full until the end of the month.
Thanks for making time to join us today!