2006.01.25(Review of 2003.09.05 edition)
Today we look at “The Big Three Cs” of many large corporations!
CEO / CFO / CTO
- The CEO (chief executive officer) is the highest-ranking (= top) executive in a company or organization. He reports directly to the board of directors and is responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the company or organization.
The CFO (chief financial officer) is the senior manager responsible for the financial activities of a company or organization.
The CTO (chief technical [OR technology] officer) is the senior manager responsible for a company's or organization's technology strategy. At some companies, the “technology” concerned is the company's research and development activities. At others, it's the company's information technology systems.
- CEO (chief executive officer) とは、企業や組織で最上位にある役員のことです。直接、取締役会の決定に従う立場にあり、企業・組織の日々の経営、運営全般に関する責任を負います。
CFO (chief financial officer) とは、企業・組織の財務活動の責任を負う上級役員のことです。
CTO (chief technical officer または、chief technology officer) とは、企業・組織の技術計画の責任を負う上級役員という意味です。ここでいう technology とは、ある企業では、研究・開発活動のことですが、他の企業では、その会社のITシステムをさします。
- After years of operating in the red, the company has hired a new CEO to try to make the business profitable again.
- She's the highest-paid CEO in the country. I hear she makes over $100 million a year!
- As CFO, Mr. Anderson has come up with some brilliant strategies to reduce the company's tax burden.
- The new CTO met with Sally Jones, our CEO, to discuss upgrading our aging computer network.
Thanks for taking time out to join us. See you next time!