2006.02.08(Review of 2005.01.05 edition)
... and sometimes it's more effective to have someone do the boasting for you!
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION 推薦状
- A letter of recommendation is a letter of support from your previous employer, teacher, etc. that praises your abilities and character.
- letter of recommendation は、ある人物を支持するために、以前の雇用主や教師などが書いた手紙で、その人の能力や性格を高く評価する内容のものです。
- (personnel manager to employee)
I'm afraid your letter of recommendation won't be ready until the end of next week. I still need to speak with your supervisor.
- EMPLOYEE: Do you think you could write me a letter of recommendation?
MANAGER: I'd be happy to. I'll say nothing but good things about you.
- (a university application)
Please include with your application at least two letters of recommendation from teachers or school administrators.
- We decided to hire you based on a strong letter of recommendation from your former employer.
See you tomorrow!