2006.04.17(Review of 2005.01.11 and 2003.08.07 edition)
Hello, and welcome back to Berlitz WordMaster@Work! For the next two weeks, we're going to look at many of the departments that make up a company. We'll begin today with the department most job applicants encounter first. And since it's so important to impress these folks, you'll surely want to get their name right!
HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) / PERSONNEL
- The human resources or personnel of an organization are its employees.
The human resources department (HR) or personnel department is the part of an organization that is concerned with hiring, training, employee benefits, and other matters relating to staff.
- human resources あるいは personnel とは、企業の従業員、人材のことです。
human resources department（省略形は HR） あるいは、personnel departmentとは、雇用、社員教育、福利厚生、その他の従業員に関する事柄を扱う企業内の部署、つまり、人事部（課）のことをさします。
- Our human resources are our company's greatest assets.
- All personnel should contact Computer Services by Friday the 21st to receive their new network passwords.
- (a job applicant on the phone)
I'd like to speak to someone in the Human Resources department about the job advertisement in the newspaper.
- Please send your application documents to Gary Edwards in Human Resources.
- Employee records are maintained and updated by HR.
- Jenny in the Personnel department said I would be reimbursed for my medical expenses in about three weeks.
Have a great day!