2006.04.18(Review of 2004.04.28 edition)
In many larger companies, making sure that all employees get the money they've earned can be a big job. In fact, sometimes it's enough work to keep an entire department busy!
- A payroll is a list of an organization's employees and the amount of money each employee earns.
A payroll is also the total amount of money paid to an organization's employees during a certain period of time.
The payroll department is the part of an organization that determines how much money is to be paid to each employee.
- payroll とは、企業の従業員および、個々の従業員がどれだけの給与を受け取っているかの一覧、つまり、給与支払い簿のことです。
payroll department とは、個々の従業員に給与をいくら支払うかを決定する企業内の部署、つまり、給与課のことです。
- a: How's business?
b: It's booming! I've had to add five employees to the payroll this year just so we can keep up with new orders.
- The company had to let 5000 workers go, but agreed to keep them on the payroll for 6 months while they looked for other employment.
- With a 10-million-dollar payroll, the company is the largest employer in the area.
- EMPLOYEE: I think a mistake was made on my paycheck this month.
SUPERVISOR: You'll need to talk to the payroll department about that.
See you tomorrow！