2006.06.07(Review of 2004.01.26 edition)
When you were a child, your parents probably taught you to share your toys and sweets. But did you know that it's even possible to share your job?
- To job-share is for two or more people to divide the hours and pay of one job among themselves; for example, two part-time workers may share one full-time job.
- job-share は、ひとつの仕事について、勤務時間および賃金を２人またはそれ以上の人の間で分け合う、という意味です。例えば、２人のパートタイム労働者が、１人分のフルタイムの仕事を分担するということです。
- After the baby was born, my husband and I decided to job-share at work so that we could take turns staying home with the baby.
- We can't afford to keep you on the payroll full-time, but we also don't want to have to let you go. How would you feel about job-sharing with Lisa in the accounting department?
- (HR manager to new employee)
It might also be possible to set up a job-share arrangement in the future if you ever wanted to reduce your hours. We're very flexible.
- My job-share partner is leaving the company soon, so they've offered to let me take over the position full-time.
- I'm looking for a part-time or job-share position in radio broadcasting.
Of course, you're more than welcome to share this - or any - @Work edition with a friend!