2007.10.29(Review of 2004.09.13 edition)
This coming Saturday, Japan will be celebrating Culture Day with concerts, theater performances, exhibitions of traditional handicrafts, and many other similar events. But “culture” is a lot more than just the arts. Take this week's theme, for example: “The Culture of the Workplace”!
CORPORATE CULTURE 企業文化、社風
- The corporate culture of a company includes the company's philosophy, traditions, views on acceptable behavior, etc.
- corporate culture とは、ある企業の理念、伝統、容認される行動に対する見解、などをさします。
- a: How did your job interview go?
b: It went well, but I probably won't take the job, even if it's offered to me. I don't think I'd be comfortable there - the corporate culture is a lot more conservative than I thought.
- The best advice I can give new employees is to respect the corporate culture of your new company. Do as those around you are doing, at least in the beginning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to community service - qualities possessed by the company's founder - have become firmly entrenched in the corporate culture.