2007.11.30(Review of 2006.01.20 edition)
Friday has arrived, which means we're bringing you the last installment of our “Office Politics” series. Let's finish with one of the many sports idioms that add color to the English language!
- To make points with someone is to do something that improves their opinion of you.
- make points とは、ある人からの自分に対する評価を高めるようなことをする、という意味です。
- The best way to make points with the director is to find ways to save the business money.
- If you want to make points at the office, don't waste your time brown nosing. Just do your job well.
- I doubt that you made any points with your interviewer by going to the interview in that wrinkled shirt.
- (Monique is Satoshi's French fiancee)
Satoshi is hoping to make points with Monique's parents by learning some French before he meets them in Paris.