2008.01.24(Review of 2005.11.10 edition)
Through the magic of the Internet, we bring you the Thursday edition of WordMaster@Work. We hope you enjoy it!
- To confirm something - for example, the results of a discussion, a reservation, or other specific information - is to make sure the information is correct or to say it is definitely correct.
- confirm とは、例えば、話し合いの結果や予約などの特定の情報について、その情報が正しいかどうかを確かめる、または間違いなく正しいと述べる、つまり、確認する、という意味です。
- (calling a hotel)
I'd like to confirm my reservation for the 5th of February.
- Even if you have a verbal agreement, I think it's important that you confirm it in writing.
- (e-mail from a customer to an office supplies vendor)
Our order is now three days late. Can I confirm when the shipment left your warehouse?
- (at a Lost and Found Office)
Before I can return your bag to you, I need you to sign this form confirming that the bag is yours.
Join us again tomorrow for the @Work Challenge. It's a great way to remind yourself of all that you've learned in the past few weeks!