2008.03.11(Review of 2006.05.09 edition)
If things aren't moving fast enough for you, this word might help grease the wheels a little!
- To expedite something is to make it happen more quickly or be completed sooner.
- expedite とは、何かが起こるのをより早くする、あるいは、もっと早く完了させる、という意味です。
- (on the phone with a sales rep)
a: Would it be possible to have the new phone lines installed by Thursday? It's rather urgent.
b: I'll see if I can expedite your order.
- Why don't we skip some of the usual steps so that we can expedite the process?
- To expedite the approval of your application, please make sure that you have included your signature and all the information requested on the form. Any missing information may result in delays.
Wow, didn't that go by quickly!