2008.03.12(Review of 2006.05.10 edition)
- To do something as soon as possible or ASAP is to do it as quickly as you can.
Be Careful! ASAP is an abbreviation for as soon as possible, not an acronym. We usually say each letter separately; in other words, “A-S-A-P”.
- as soon as possible または ASAP とは、できるだけ早く、という意味です。
注意：ASAP は、as soon as possible の省略形ですが、頭字語ではありません。たいてい、A-S-A-Pと、一つひとつの文字を個別に発音します。
- (phone message at a small business)
Please leave a message after the tone, and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
- This wiring should be replaced just as soon as possible. It's a fire hazard.
- We need to send this order out ASAP. It's already a day late.
- (e-mail subject line)
URGENT!! Please reply ASAP.
Work hard today, then close up shop and take it slow for a while!