2008.06.17(Review of 2005.09.27 edition)
ASSEMBLY LINE （流れ作業の）組立ライン
- An assembly line is a series of workers or machines (each at a “station” or “work station”) used to put together a product. Different jobs are performed on the product as it moves from station to station.
- assembly line とは、労働者や機械が、station あるいは work station と呼ばれる場所で、製品を組み立てていく生産方式、つまり、組立ラインのことです。ある場所から次の場所へ移動するのに従って、製品に異なる作業が施されていきます。
- My first job was working on an assembly line. I attached dials to transistor radios.
- By mass-producing cars on an assembly line, Henry Ford made them affordable for ordinary people.
- The assembly-line workers were standing at their stations, ready to begin the workday.
- Assembly-line robots do many of the jobs people used to do.
- We don't sell any assembly-line furniture at our store. Everything is handcrafted by master artisans.