2008.07.31(Review of 2005.08.25 edition)
Sometimes success is all about getting over that first hurdle!
SCREEN (v.) ふるいにかける、選別する、審査する
- To screen job applicants (or their applications) is to separate the ones that are suitable and worth looking at more closely from the ones that are not.
- screen とは、出願者やその出願書類を吟味して、より詳しく見るだけの価値がある人と、そうでない人を選別する、という意味です。
- We screened out applicants who had no prior relevant experience.
- Many of the most competitive universities screen applications by excluding those with entrance exam scores lower than 550.
- (instructions to organizations applying for funding)
Only those organizations who pass the initial screening will be asked to submit full proposals.
You made it!