2008.12.04(Review of 2005.04.05 edition)
Thank you, for the pleasure of your company once again. Here's a new expression that we're sure you'll master in no time!
- To catch on is to understand new ideas and how to do new things.
- catch on とは、新しい知識を得たり、新しい物事の手順などを理解する、という意味です。
- (manager to new employee)
This is excellent work. You catch on fast!
- You can't expect to learn everything on the first day. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll catch on in no time (= soon).
- The new kid on the block is pretty slow to catch on, but he tries hard. I like his spirit!
- (to a recently hired employee)
a: How are things at work these days?
b: Much better. I'm finally catching on to all the jargon they use there.
See, we knew you'd catch on fast!