Of course, even when someone deserves to reach the top, they don't always get there. Here's one reason why.
- A glass ceiling is an unofficial but real upper limit to how far someone can advance in an organization or profession because of their gender, race, ethnicity, etc.
- glass ceiling とは、組織やある職業において昇進する際、性別、人種、民族性などによる、非公式だが事実上の上限、つまり、目に見えない障害のことです。
- Since being promoted to a middle-management position more than 11 years ago, she seems to have hit a glass ceiling that's kept her from advancing any further in the company.
- Several black and Hispanic employees have filed a lawsuit against the company, claiming that minorities face a glass ceiling that denies them promotion to high-paying positions.
- I don't believe a glass ceiling exists here anymore. Otherwise, how do you explain the fact that both the director and vice president of marketing are women?
Now go have yourself a terrific weekend!