It's the most natural thing in the world: when men and women spend the better part of the day working together and socializing in the same office, sometimes sparks will fly. Trouble is, sparks make fire and fires can scorch!
- An office romance is a love affair between two people who work at the same company.
Be Careful! We do NOT use the expression “office love” like the Japanese オフィスラブ to mean office romance.
- office romance とは、同じ職場で働く人同士の恋愛のこと、つまり、社内恋愛、という意味です。
注意：日本語では職場恋愛のことを「オフィスラブ」と言いますが、英語では office love という表現は使いません。
- It started as an office romance. Then, when I learned that I was going to be transferred to the Osaka office, Mizue quit and we got married.
- How did you manage to have an office romance for three years without anybody at the office finding out about it?
- (supervisor to new employee)
There's nothing in the code of conduct about dating other employees, but office romance is definitely not encouraged.