2009.05.07(Review of 2006.06.06 edition)
Welcome back! Thanks to Golden Week, our usual five-day week has shrunk to a mere two days. So what better time to take a second look at this edition from a few years back!
Today's expression includes the word “compress,” which means to squeeze something into a smaller space. For example, we compress large files so they can be sent by e-mail more easily. Now imagine what would happen if you compressed your working hours into fewer days ...
- A compressed workweek has fewer, but longer, workdays than usual.
- compressed workweek とは、通常よりも就業日数が少なく、一日の労働時間が長い勤務形態をさします。
- I used to work nine-to-five, five days a week. But now I work a compressed workweek - just 4 days a week, 10 hours a day.
- About 25% of our employees are on a compressed workweek.
- We're going to implement a compressed four-day workweek on a trial basis.
- My request for a compressed workweek was accepted!
It's been a delight!