2009.06.17(Review of 2006.09.13 edition)
So, you've got your first draft. Well, that's a good start, but the work's far from over. Now it's time to take out the red pen!
- To revise (verb) a document, talk, etc., is to correct, improve, or otherwise change it.
- 動詞の revise とは、書類や講演原稿などを訂正したり、よりよい表現に変えたり、その他の変更を加えたりする、つまり、修正する、という意味です。
- The final report won't be ready until next week. We're still revising some sections.
- It took me longer to revise my novel than to draft it!
- The ministry has decided to revise the guidelines for air pollution control in steel plants.
- Because of the controversy caused by his unflattering comments about American workers, he's given a revised statement to the press.
- They've published a newly revised edition of the book.
It's been a pleasure!