Hello again! The other day we came up with a terrific idea for an @Work edition. We hope you like it!
ORIGINAL (idea) 独創的な（アイデア）
- If something - for example, an idea, suggestion, or piece of writing - is original, it is fresh and interesting because it is different from others.
Someone is original if they are creative.
The noun form is originality.
- アイデア、提案、執筆作品などについて original と言うと、他のものと違って新鮮で面白い、つまり、独創的な、という意味です。
人について original と言う場合も、独創的な、という意味です。
名詞形は originality で、独創性、という意味です。
The most challenging part of the job is coming up with original ideas day after day.
- a: How about this for our new slogan: “Berlitz rocks!”?
b: Surely we can think of something a little more original than that.
- (from a letter of recommendation)
Jack is an immensely talented and original filmmaker.
- The company stays innovative by hiring young, original thinkers.
- It's a business idea that shows great originality. I'd be happy to back it.