2009.10.16 (Review of 2005.09.16 edition)
Now it's time to wrap up this series of WordMaster@Work editions by putting it all together!
- To collate the pages of a document is to put the pages together in the correct order, especially for the purpose of binding them.
- collate とは、特に文書をとじるために、文書のページを正しい順序にそろえる、という意味です。
- Our new photocopier can collate documents and staple them together.
- After you collate the pages, put them in a three-ring binder.
- (head of human resources to staff member)
You didn't collate the sections of the revised employee manual in the correct order. The section on retirement benefits is supposed to come after the section on salary bonuses.
Have a brilliant weekend!