2009.11.25 (Review of 2006.11.21 edition)
Nothing provides a sense of accomplishment quite like today's @Work topic!
A HARD DAY'S WORK 働きづめの１日
- To do a hard day's work is to put much effort into the work you do on a particular day.
- do a hard day's work とは、ある１日に自分の仕事に懸命に取り組む、という意味です。
- After a hard day's work, I usually just want to sit and relax in front of the TV.
- My father taught me the value of a hard day's work.
- Forty dollars isn't much to show (= is a small amount of money) for a hard day's work.
- Everyone on my staff consistently puts in (= does) a hard day's work.
If you've been “working like a dog” all day or night, maybe it's time to relax and take it easy for a while. You deserve it!