2009.12.01 (Review of 2007.03.27 edition)
Nothing does more for office morale than one of these!
- An office party is a party held by a company or other organization for its employees.
Be Careful! An office party does NOT have to be held at the office or other place of business. It can also be held at a restaurant, hotel, etc.
- office party とは、会社や組織が、従業員のために催すパーティーのことです。
注意： office party は、必ずしもオフィスや社内の一角で行われるとは限りません。レストランやホテルなどで行われる場合もあります。
a: Are you coming to the office party on Friday?
b: Sure. I'll be there.
- a: Last week's office party was a great success, don't you think?
b: Yeah, it's done wonders for morale.
- Who was in charge of organizing the office Christmas party last year?
- a: Did you have a good time at Howard's office party?
b: Not really. Howard spent the whole evening schmoozing his boss.
And you're invited to join tomorrow's party too, held by yours truly, the WordMaster!