2009.12.02 (Review of 2007.03.28 edition)
You may have heard the saying “The family that plays together stays together.” Well, we'd like to offer a variation: “The OFFICE that plays together spends productive days together.”
Hey, it rhymes! ：）
(COMPANY) LEAGUE （社会人）リーグ
- A league, such as those organized at many companies, is a group of people or teams that compete against each other in sports.
- 多くの企業で組織されている league とは、社員がグループまたはチームになって、スポーツで競い合う競技連盟、つまり、リーグのことです。
- I always encourage new employees to join the bowling league. It's a great way to get to know your co-workers.
- Our company's recreational (= just for fun) volleyball league has 26 members now.
- The inter-company (= involving two or more different companies) tennis league meets every Wednesday evening at 6:30.
- The sales division's softball team won the league championship last year.
The WordMaster@Work English league meets again tomorrow. Don't miss the fun!