2009.12.04 (Review of 2007.03.30 edition)
If you have to be stuck in traffic, it's good to have some company!
CAR POOL 相乗り（通勤）、相乗りする人
- A car pool is a group of people who drive together to work or school, usually taking turns driving and providing the vehicle.
The verb form is car-pool.
- car pool とは、職場や学校まで車で同乗する人のことです。たいてい、順番に車を提供して運転を担当します。
動詞形は car-pool で、相乗りする、という意味です。
- a: Do you know Tom Miller in Payroll?
b: He's in my car pool.
- If you're looking for a car pool partner, you can post a note on the employee bulletin board.
- (passenger to driver)
Why don't you get in the car pool lane? It's faster.
- I've started car-pooling with Rhonda. Can you believe that, after working together for almost a year, we just found out that we live only half a mile away from each other?
It's been a great week. Thanks for YOUR company!