Here's an aspect of the job that sales reps either love or hate.
ENTERTAIN (a client) （顧客を）もてなす、接待する
- To entertain clients, business associates, friends, etc., is to invite them to drink or dine with you as your guests.
- entertain は、顧客、仕事の仲間、友人などをお客として招待し、一緒にお酒を飲んだり食事をしたりする、という意味です。
- My wife likes to entertain. We have people over for dinner at least once a week.
- Americans often entertain business associates in their homes, but that seems to be less common in Japan.
- I'm a sales rep, so I spend a lot of my time entertaining clients. My company gives me a large expense account for the purpose.
Enjoy the day!