Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to join us once again. It's always an honor!
We start a new series today called “Working with People”. We hope you enjoy it!
GOOD WITH (PEOPLE) （人）と接するのが得意である、〜を扱うのが得意である
- If someone is good with people, they're able to deal
with people well.
If someone is good with a tool, numbers, their hands, etc., they're able to use them well.
- good with people と言うと、人と上手に接することができる、という意味です。
また、good with の後に道具、数字、自分の手などがくると、それらを上手に使うことができる、という意味になります。
- She's always been good with people. She used to be a nurse.
- (shoe store manager)
Daniel is especially good with customers. He likes talking with them and making sure they're happy.
- A veterinarian (= animal doctor) has to be good with animals and the people they live with.
- If she's that good with numbers, maybe she should study accounting.
- He's really good with his hands. He built his own house and does all his own repairs.
Berlitz WordMaster readers - our kind of people!