2010.06.09(Review of 2006.04.19 edition)
If you're wondering why everyone is so quiet in this office, it's because they're doing a job for which concentration and attention to detail are vital!
- Accounting is the business or activity of keeping a person's or organization's financial records (= records of the money they make and spend, their assets and debts, etc.).
An accountant is someone whose job is accounting.
- accounting とは、個人や組織の財務記録（得たお金や使ったお金、資産や負債などの記録）をつける仕事、つまり、会計のことです。
- I studied accounting in college and got a job as a payroll manager right after graduation.
- Investors look very carefully at a company's quarterly accounting reports, especially the profit statements.
- The year-end close is always a hectic time for our accounting department.
- My taxes have gotten so complicated since I went into business for myself. Maybe it's time to hire a tax accountant to do them for me.
We've enjoyed our time with you today!