Welcome back to the world of Berlitz WordMaster@Work!
Last week we were dreaming of right livelihood. This week we'll be making a more trying, taxing sort of living. The result will be another set of important adjectives - words you'll have at the ready to talk, complain, or vent about the things you may NOT like about your job.
- Something (for example, a difficult situation) is stressful if it makes you feel nervous, worried, or under pressure.
- stressful とは、何か（例えば、困難な状況など）が人を不安にさせたり心配させたり、プレッシャーをかけたりする、つまり、ストレスが多い、という意味です。
- An air-traffic controller's job can be extremely stressful, especially at the busier airports.
- a: Are you coming out with us tonight?
b: Could I take a rain check? It's been a very stressful day, and I'd really just like to go home and relax.
- (hotel general manager)
Summer is our peak season, of course, so it's a pretty stressful time for all of us.
- You shouldn't be in this line of work if you aren't able to deal with stressful situations.
Take it easy today!