Nice to see you again! We continue to flesh out the meaning of “work ethic” with this important addition to the series!
- If you are determined, you've decided to do something and will not give
up until you succeed.
The noun form is determination.
- determined は、何かをしようと決心していて、成功するまであきらめない、という意味です。
名詞形は determination で、決心、という意味です。
- He's certainly a very determined young man. He's sure to succeed at whatever he puts his mind to.
- Jennifer is determined to prove to everyone that she's capable of filling her predecessor's shoes.
- The new plant manager is determined not to let productivity fall any further.
I am determined that nothing will keep me from meeting my quota this quarter.
- With enough motivation and determination, no goal is too high.
- Her determination to work harder than anyone else has won her a lot of respect among her staff.
Have a great day!