2011.01.25(Review of 2007.02.27 edition)
Here's a nice, important-sounding substitute for the word “job”!
- A position is a job or rank in an organization.
- position とは、組織における職や地位のことです。
- a: What's your position in the firm?
b: My job title is Assistant Manager of Quality Assurance.
- (job applicant calling Human Resources)
I'm calling about the position you advertised in the Berlitz Times.
- They've offered me a position in the legal affairs department.
- During the last 5 years of his career, he held the position of chief technical officer of Berlitz Heavy Industries.
- After the restructuring, many people were moved into new positions , and a few positions had to be eliminated.
- Susan is obviously very talented. I'm sure it won't be long before she's promoted to a higher position.
Much success to you today!