For those of us with day jobs, the only time we'd have free to work a second job is when the sun has clocked out and the moon and stars are busy working the swing shift. Thus today's expression!
MOONLIGHT (v.) アルバイトをする、内職をする
- To moonlight is to have a second job, especially one that you don't tell your regular employer about.
- moonlight は、副業をする、という意味で、特に本業の雇用主に言わずにする場合に使います。
- He works nine-to-five at a design studio and moonlights as a bartender in the evenings.
- Ever since our third child was born, I've had to moonlight at a convenience store just to make ends meet.
- She always seemed tired at work. So when they found out she was moonlighting, she was quickly given the sack.
Have a great day!