This week, WordMaster is full of good news (well, mostly). We're going to listen in as people speak to each other about the good (well, mostly good) things happening in their lives. We hope you enjoy all of this week's editions (or at least most of them)! :)
- To announce something is to say it publicly or officially.
The noun form is announcement.
- announce は、何かを公然と、または公式に述べる、という意味です。
名詞形は announcement で、発表、公表、という意味です。
- (supervisor at a staff meeting)
I am happy to announce that the director is recovering quickly and should be back in the office by next week.
- The company has announced plans to open another 30 stores by 2013.
- The gate attendant announced to the waiting passengers that the flight would be delayed for at least two hours.
- a: Is it true that Larry's resigning?
b: Yes. It just hasn't been formally announced yet.
- (at an office party)
Quiet please. I have an important announcement to make.
- Did you see Tim and Sayuri's wedding announcement in the paper?
Hear any good news lately?