Here's a fun expression you can use when you think you know what's news!
- You can use the expression Don't tell me... when you guess what someone is going to say and you think it's something disappointing or surprising.
- 誰かが、がっかりするようなことや驚くようなことを言いそうだな、と思ったときには、Don't tell me... （まさか〜じゃないでしょうね）という表現を使うことができます。
- a: Er ... you know the $8000 you gave me to deposit at the bank? Well, er...
b: Don't tell me you lost it!
- Don't tell me they actually expect you to work over the holiday!
- a: What are you looking so happy about? Don't tell me you got the job!
b: Yes, I did! I start work on Monday!
Don't tell me it's time to say goodbye already!