2011.05.09 (Review of 2008.05.13 edition)
We've got a nice blend of old and new for you this week, each edition treating a different part of the corporate anatomy with surgical precision. Let's begin at the top, shall we?
- Headquarters, or HQ, is the central office or offices that control an organization, or the people who work at that office.
- headquarters 略して HQ とは、組織全体を管理する、ひとつまたはいくつかの中心的な事業所、あるいは、そこで働く人たちのことです。
- The company's headquarters are in Sydney.
- We used to have our headquarters in Boston until they were moved to Dallas.
- After a three-year stint at the Milwaukee office, I was transferred to headquarters.
- The order came directly from HQ.
- There have been rumors that HQ is planning to outsource our customer service operations.
It's been a pleasure working with you!