2011.05.12 (Review of 2008.05.16 edition)
Hello! Thanks for coming!
If you want to keep the corporate body fit and looking good, here's an activity that you simply cannot neglect!
- To maintain a machine, building, etc., is to inspect and repair it regularly so that it stays in good condition.
The noun form is maintenance.
- maintain とは、よい状態を保つために、機械や建物などを定期的に点検し、修理する、つまり、整備する、という意味です。
名詞形は maintenance で、整備、という意味です。
- We're spending nearly $40,000 a year to maintain this old equipment and keep it running. It would be cheaper just to replace it.
- There were 278 employee signatures on a letter to headquarters complaining about the poor maintenance of the company dormitories.
- a: A couple of light bulbs are out in the conference room.
b: Just give Maintenance a call and ask them to send someone up to replace them.