2011.11.08 (Review of 2008.09.11 edition)
When we have a job, it's all too easy to take it for granted. Well, here's one of the best reasons to try to mend our ways!
- If someone is unemployed, they are able to work but do not have a job.
Unemployment is the state of being unemployed. It is also the number or percentage of people who are unemployed.
- unemployed は、働くことができるにもかかわらず、仕事に就いていない、という意味です。
- There are a lot of unemployed dancers and musicians who refuse to give up their dreams.
- I've been unemployed for six months now. I sure hope I can find work soon.
- I was told that unemployment benefits will cover up to half of my lost wages.
- (insurance agent)
I'm sorry, but as a self-employed person, you're not able to take out unemployment insurance on yourself.
- Ten years ago the unemployment rate in that country was only 3%, but it has been rising ever since.
- Blessed with a steadily rising GDP, low unemployment, and almost zero inflation, the country has been enjoying a period of great economic prosperity.
Work hard today!