2011.11.09 (Review of 2007.02.22 edition)
Not everyone without a job is unemployed. Some people have graduated on to more important things!
- Someone is retired if they have stopped working, usually because they have reached a particular age - often 60 or 65 - or because their health is poor.
Retirement is the act of becoming retired or the period of your life that begins when you stop working.
- retired は、通常、一定の年齢（多くの場合、60歳か65歳）に達したり、健康を害したりしたために、働くのをやめた状態、つまり、退職した、という意味です。
- He's retired and living in a small resort town in southern Honshu.
- I'm a retired civil engineer.
- a: Did I miss anything interesting at yesterday's meeting?
b: You sure did! The president announced his retirement.
- Do you think the government will raise the retirement age before we turn 60?
- George really is enjoying retirement. He's taken up painting and cello, volunteers at our church, and goes fishing with his grandsons almost every weekend.
May all your days - and years - be golden!