Welcome to December!
Sometimes the best way to clear your head is to clear your workspace. Simple, isn't it?
- Clutter is a large, untidy collection of objects, especially objects that are unnecessary or not used.
To get rid of something is to throw it out because you don't want or need it anymore.
- clutter とは、多くの散らかった物、特に不要な物や使われていない物をさします。
get rid of は、いらなくなったり、必要なくなったりしたために、何かを処分する、という意味です。
- How can you work with all this clutter on your desk?
- I've spent all day sorting through the clutter in the storage room and trying to organize things a little.
- When are you going to get rid of some of this clutter? Half of these things you don't even use anymore.
- a: Can I get rid of these boxes of old receipts?
b: Definitely not! We have to keep those in case we're audited.
That was neat!