2011.12.09 (Review of 2009.05.13 edition)
If you're on your lunch hour or taking a coffee break now, then you're not just reading today's edition - you're living it!
- Downtime is a period of time when you stop working to rest or relax, especially during working hours.
It's also a period of time when work or production is stopped because a machine, system, factory, etc., isn't operating.
- downtime とは、特に勤務時間中に、仕事を中断して休んだりくつろいだりする時間、つまり、休息時間のことです。
- Things are pretty hectic at the office lately, and I don't have much downtime. In fact, I'm lucky if I can find time to grab lunch these days.
- I know you've got a heavy workload, but you have to give your workers some downtime once in a while.
- Major equipment failure caused two days of unscheduled downtime at the factory.
- The (computer) system has been down all morning, and every hour of downtime is costing us thousands of dollars!
Thanks for spending time with us this week!