Greetings! How's life?
If you're a regular @Work reader, you know that the WordMaster gets very excited when it comes time to introduce more of the fascinating idiomatic language of English. Well, that time has come once again, and we're certain you're going to love what we've got for you!
- A mom-and-pop business is a small business that is owned and operated by a family, especially a husband and wife.
- mom-and-pop business とは、家族、特に夫婦などに所有され、経営される小規模な商売のことです。
- Downtown is just two city blocks, and most of the stores are mom-and-pop operations.
- Within a year after that warehouse store opened its doors, four out of five mom-and-pop stores in the area were out of business.
- I often stop by that little mom-and-pop greengrocer on the corner on my way home from the station.
- They started as a mom-and-pop carpet cleaning business operating out of a garage. But they quickly grew to become a major player in the industry.
- It's a local mom-and-pop movie theater run by a retired couple. They have the lowest ticket prices and best popcorn in town!
Have a great day!