2011.12.26 (Review of 2008.12.26 edition)
(YEAR-END) CRUNCH 危機、（年末の）切羽詰った状況
- A crunch is an urgent or difficult situation, especially one due to a shortage of time, money, or other resources.
The year-end crunch is the period at the end of the year when people are especially busy because of increased business during the holidays, the year-end closing, or other tasks that must be completed before the year is over.
- crunch とは、特に時間、お金、その他の資源の不足による、切迫した、または困難な状況のことです。
year-end crunch は、クリスマス休暇中にたまった仕事、年度末決算、または年内に仕上げなければならないその他の仕事のために、人々が特に忙しい年末の時期をさします。
- Due to a statewide budget crunch, money for public services is being cut across the board.
- One of the impacts of the subprime mortgage crisis in the United States was a severe credit crunch.
- The reason she makes a six-figure salary is because she's the person we rely on at crunch time, when everything else has failed and time is running out.
- The long New Year's holiday is always especially sweet after all the hard work and stress of the year-end crunch.
Take care of yourself this week!