2012.01.05 (Review of 2009.06.24 edition)
Today we look at the detailed rulebook for getting along with others - a volume we'd all do well to review once in a while!
- Etiquette is the set of rules regarding what is appropriate behavior in a particular situation.
- etiquette とは、ある状況において、どのようなふるまいが適切か、ということに関する一連の決まりごと、つまり、礼儀、作法のことです。
- a: Do you have a minute?
b: Sure, what do you need?
a: I was wondering if I could get some advice on business etiquette before I leave for Germany.
- It used to be considered bad etiquette to talk about religion or politics in casual social situations, but those days seem long gone.
- What's the proper etiquette when dining out with American clients?
- Professional etiquette in Japan requires that you present a person with your business card when introducing yourself.
Pardon us for leaving so soon.