Welcome back! How was your weekend?
On the 17th of last month, we introduced you to the expression see your breath. This week we're going to look at the word breath more closely, introducing you to related words and expressions that we're sure you'll find interesting and useful.
Let's start with something we all do a lot of - in fact, about 20,000 times a day!
- To breathe is to move air in and out of your lungs.
- breathe は、肺に空気を取り入れたり、肺から空気を出したりする、つまり呼吸する、という意味です。
- The wind was blowing so hard that it was difficult to breathe.
- Sometimes, while sleeping, my baby stops breathing for several seconds. It's frightening.
- When I want to relax, I usually find a quiet place, close my eyes, and breathe deeply for a few minutes.
- We're making this a non-smoking office because no one should have to breathe smoky air all day.