2005.06.17(Review of 2004.08.24 edition)
Today's WordMaster is the glue that keeps an organization together!
- Commitment is a characteristic of someone who is willing to do what is necessary for the good of another person, an organization, an idea, etc.
- commitment は、自分以外の誰かのため、組織のため、または何かしらの概念のためなどに、何でも必要なことを進んでやる、という献身的な態度、気持ちのことです。
- Providing competitive salaries and generous benefits will encourage commitment among employees.
- (supervisor to direct report)
a: The results of your performance review were excellent. I'm very happy with your level of commitment to the firm.
b: Thank you. I always try to do my best.
- Naoko has always demonstrated a strong commitment to the company. She's paid her dues and certainly deserves this promotion.
Have a fantastic weekend!