2005.07.05(Review of 2004.01.14 edition)
Although working full-time on a permanent basis offers greater job security and opportunity for promotion, many people prefer the flexibility and relative freedom of other employment options! How about you?
- To work part-time is to work fewer hours than a full working day or week.
A temporary worker is someone hired to work for only a short period of time. Temporary workers are often hired through special agencies which provide companies with short-term staff.
- work part-time は、１日、あるいは週にフルタイムよりも少ない時間で働くという意味です。
temporary worker は、ごく短い期間で雇われる人のことをいいます。会社に短期間スタッフを派遣する代理店を通して、雇われる場合が多いです。
- I'll be working part-time on weekends at a convenience store until I graduate from university.
- (interviewer to job applicant)
We can only offer you a part-time position now. We might be able to hire you full-time in a year or two if everything goes well.
- When a company's business isn't going well, temporary workers are usually laid off before regular employees.
- Having a temporary position means I get to change jobs and companies frequently. I enjoy the variety.
Bye for now!