2006.12.05(Review of 2003.08.06 edition)
Hello! What are you wearing to your next party? It's not always an easy decision, is it?
- Someone is overdressed if they are wearing clothes that are too formal or fancy for the occasion.
Someone is underdressed if they are wearing clothes that are too casual for the occasion.
- overdressed とは、その場にふさわしいとされる服装よりフォーマル過ぎたり、豪華過ぎたりする服を着ている、という意味です。
- I was really overdressed. I was the only one there in a tuxedo.
- I feel a bit overdressed. I thought this was going to be a formal affair.
- I'd rather be overdressed for an interview than underdressed. That way, at least they know I'm serious about the job.
- Don't you think you're a little underdressed? Why don't you change into something nicer?
Enjoy the day!