2007.11.29(Review of 2006.01.19 edition)
If you don't already know what today's expression means, you'll NEVER guess!
- To brown nose is to try to please someone important in order to get some personal advantage from them.
- brown nose とは、個人的な利益を得るために、重要な人物の機嫌を取ろうとする、つまり、ごまをする、という意味です。
- I do not brown nose the president! I just think he's incredibly talented, and I don't hesitate to tell him so.
- Derrick has been brown nosing the boss for years. How do you think he got that promotion?
- Despite all of the student's brown nosing, her history teacher still gave her a “B-” for the year.
- I refuse to brown nose at the office. I'd rather focus on my work than spend time playing office politics.
It has been an honor!